This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk. This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Information we may hold about you
When you register to use our Website, purchase a product, register to receive our emails, apply for a job, enter a competition or promotion run by the Company or contact us, personal data you provide, such as your name, date of birth, contact details (including social media accounts), telephone number, transaction history, log in and payment information, will be collected.
When you browse our Website , whether or not you are registered, purchase a product, register to receive our emails, receive and open or click our emails or make a job application, we and our partner advertising networks, advertisers and advertising affiliates (Third Party Advertisers), will collect user information such as your location, language, assumed gender, IP address, when you visited our Website , how you arrived on our Website, where you visit after our Website , the pages you visited, how long you spend browsing individual pages on our Website , any products you have viewed, purchased, or put in your basket, and the browser (where applicable) and device you used to access our Website .
In our premises, including our stores, we use CCTV to monitor and record images for the purposes of security and health and safety, and store the images centrally.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent in the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect a crime; to ensure that the Company complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
How we may use your personal data
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- to fulfil your order – we require your identification, contact and payment information to enable the Company to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without this information (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party, such as one of our couriers or one of their customs clearance agents, in order for them to supply or deliver the product that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc and to meet any legal obligations for the retention of transactional data).
- to tell you about similar products and services, or products and services that you ask us to send you information about, by email, post, mobile, telephone and/or through other digital means (depending on your stated preferences) including social media platforms;
- to register you on the Website (where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your marketing preferences);
- to administer our Website
- to analyse, and improve, the use of our Website, and retail offering, including how you move around our Website, or retail store.
- to administer any competition run by the Company. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions for each competition;
- to measure and analyse our advertising;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you, other users of our Website, and users of the services of our Third Party Advertisers about products or services that may interest you or them;
- to keep in touch with you regarding your marketing preferences;
- to keep our Website, & network safe and secure;
- to process payments, and detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and/or any other criminal activity (we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions); and
- to assess and process your job application.
We process this data where you have given us consent to use it, where it is necessary to perform our contract, to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, where required by law or in pursuit of our legitimate interests where these are not overridden by your rights and interests, such as to provide appropriate marketing and to maintain our services.
How we might share your personal data
We may also share your personal data with carefully selected third parties who assist us in providing you with products, advertisements and services. This will include the following types of third party:
- Our professional advisers, including, without limitation, our insurers;
- Our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors;
- Our couriers and, where applicable, their customs clearance agents;
- Search engine and web analytics providers.
We may also disclose your personal data where we are subject to a legal obligation to do so, in connection with the prevention or detection of crime, for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or where we consider that we receive a valid request for disclosure. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you, by accessing the customer preference centre or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
This policy explains what cookies are, how we use them and how you can switch them off.
What are Cookies and other tracking technologies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on your internet browsing device (e.g computer, tablet or phone) when you visit one of our websites, use our app, receive and open or click into our emails or see one of our adverts elsewhere on the internet. Cookies don’t store personal details such as your credit card details, your name or your date of birth. They play an important role in helping us to enhance the usability and performance of our websites and your experience using them. Some cookies are also essential to enable you to move around our website and use its features. Other tracking technologies, like web beacons, clear GIFs, page tags and web bugs, are used to understand how people are using our services and to target advertising.
What types of Cookies do we use?
Our Website uses session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies operate from the moment you enter the website until the moment you leave. Once you log off, session cookies are deleted. Persistent cookies will not be deleted after each session.
Strictly necessary cookies are essential to our website. If these are disabled, your experience on our website may be interrupted and you may not be able to use a shopping basket or make payment.
Performance cookies collect anonymous data about visitors. We use the data to improve your future experience and identify issues that our users may be experiencing.
Functionality cookies customise the look and appearance of our Website. For example, a functionality cookie will remember your username and language preferences next time you visit.
Targeting or advertising cookies deliver advertisements which are tailored to your web activity. A targeting cookie tracks what you click on whilst on our website, and may share details of what you click on with other organisations (such as advertisers). These cookies can also help us to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Third party cookies may be used on our website by approved organisations to provide services on our website.
- enable you to set up an account, place orders and make payments
- remember items you place into your shopping basket
- remember items you have been looking at so that you can quickly and easily go back to an item you looked at previously
- enhance and personalise your shopping experience
The default setting on your web browser is to prohibit cookies, but you may have changed this during the installation process. You can also choose which cookies the Company places on your computer when you access our website and can manage this in our preference centre. Further information on cookies, including instructions on how to amend your browser settings to turn off cookies, is available widely online. However, if you disable or delete certain cookies you may not be able to shop or access important parts of our website.